We’re very excited to announce we’re now working with Awesome Panda – Podcast Production to offer our clients their very own podcasts.
I have a little favour to ask.
If you’re a follower, believer, a fan or friend of Hello Henley then I would love you to join our new Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hellohenley/
Why? You ask.
Well, it has a lot to do with Facebook’s latest algorithm update. You may have heard about it? If you haven’t then here’s the low down:
According to Zuckerberg, feedback from the FB community tells FB that public content (posts from businesses, brands and media) is crowding out the personal moments that lead us to connect more with each other. I would agree, even as a Social Publisher I am often amazed at how little I now see from my friends and family. In fact, the majority of posts I scroll past relate to Trump, the vegan movement and Michael Macintyre. All informative and hilarious in their own way, but the balance has shifted from what was the most important thing Facebook did — help us connect with each other.
Hello Henley has been expecting this update for a while and this is what we will be doing to help our clients going forward:
- Facebook Pages (Business Pages) need to generate meaningful interactions in order to be seen. This means posts to pages must create back and forth conversation. That is more or less why businesses employ Social Publishers – to create engaging content. But you lot have a role to play too. If you see a post and you like it, then let us know you like it.
- Videos (once an excellent tool on FB Pages) will be seen less. This means people will spend less time on FB scrolling through endless videos of hamsters on pianos. A good thing! If you still want to engage as a business, then Live Streaming is key. If you’re nervous about ‘going live’ we can help.
- Embrace FB Groups (like we’re doing). Might this work for your business too? Hello Henley is here to discuss this option with you.
- Embrace other social platforms, like Instagram and Pinterest. Both excellent ways to promote your business. But don’t just jump ship, understand the other platforms and how to use them.
- Put some money behind your brand and use FB advertising. But make sure you have everything set up for this. Otherwise you’re just wasting your money. This is another thing Hello Henley can help with.
- Don’t just rely on the posting of pretty pictures and graphics. While this might have worked thus far, going forward it just isn’t going to cut it.
- Speak to a Communications Expert (like Hello Henley). Communications Experts not only know how to use Social Media, but will determine which social media platforms are best suited for your business. They will have past-experience in the generation of information that flows between business, the media and the consumer (in our case a background in magazine editorial, copywriting, event management, business branding / marketing and media liaison).
Panic not! While Zuckerberg is being cursed by some for his pesky algorithm meddling, we are embracing it. A change, after all, is as good as a rest.
Zuckerberg Illustration by Vincent Rhafael Aseo
Exciting news, once again! Hello Henley has an awesome new client – The Home Move Consultants. This fantastic little project is run by Debbie and Charlotte, who I enjoy meeting for tea as much as I enjoy working on their social media. That’s A LOT btw. These lovely ladies are your official @homemovegurus (twitter) – and what they don’t know about moving people out of one gorgeous house and into another just isn’t worth knowing. We’re talking high-end / luxury lifestyle – and we are thrilled to be working on their Social Media – plus their PR and copywriting for their membership to The Luxury Network.
Check out their website! It was designed by local chap, Ben Hargreaves (who is also pretty cool – and more of a beer drinker than a tea drinker. Suits me!)
We are strong believers that sometimes you need to get things wrong to get things right. And until you start you’ll never know you’re getting it right. Never has something applied so directly than to that of Social Publishing. Recently 4 out of 5 of our clients Social Media was performing. But one wasn’t. We were left scratching our heads. But THEN, we had that Eureka! moment (that can happen to creatives a lot). A spin on the heel and a change of tack. And now we’re there.
And there endeth today’s lesson.
‘You only fail when you stop trying’
We’d like to offer a very warm welcome to the wonderful Glade End Guest House. When lovely Lily contacted Hello Henley for a cuppa and chat we were over the moon. What a great addition to the Hello Henley portfolio. First things first, we needed to have a good chat and work out exactly what Lily wanted to achieve from her social media. How did she want it to help her business and where did she feel she was going wrong?
We decided between us that a complete overhaul was in order. Facebook needed some attention and a more uniformed look. It also needed some behind the scenes tweaks and analytical understanding. So, in short. A visit to Glade End Guest House, a photo shoot and a good few days focusing on Twitter, Insta and Facebook and we are happy to say everything is looking tickety-boo. Going forward Lily wanted Hello Henley to put together a Social Publishing Package that was within budget, but one that would also make Glade End visible in the busy online world of social media. We’re looking forward to working with Lily and Glade End for the foreseeable future.
If you would like to discuss your Social Media and find out exactly how Hello Henley can help you, then please do give Aspen a call on 07930441820
Here’s a tale of woe for you. As a child I spent my weekends being transported between Henley (where my mother lived) and Marlow (where my father lived). My mother worked in Henley, and my father owned a bookshop in Marlow. I mentioned woe, that was just to get your attention. It’s all cool. Anyway, both towns factor pretty high on my ‘love’ list. Which is why I am here to officially tell you that I can also offer the services of Hello Henley to small businesses in Marlow. We already look after Reids of Henley, who have recently opened on West Street. www.reidsofhenley.co.uk
We will also be working with the Glade End Guest House in Marlow very soon. www.gladeend.co.uk
Why not get in touch and we could meet for a cuppa at Coopers!